A candid, no holds barred look at those screwy college nicknames. You know the ones. Hoyas, Tar Heels. Yeah. Those ones.

Monday, March 22, 2004

Wow – I don’t know about you, but my NCAA tournament bracket is all wacky. There have been some great games so far. That doesn't mean we won't still make fun of their nicknames!!

Here's one that bugs me. Not only is it a goofy name, but their symbol/mascot doesn't even match. I'm talking about the University of Alabama. They are called the "Crimson Tide." Ok, fair enough. You're a big red wave. You're sort of near a body of water. It's more creative than a "Green Wave." But, look at their mascot:


Excuse me, I don't mean to be picky, but is that not an elephant? When I picture a Crimson Tide, I think of a giant red wall of water. An elephant on the other hand, is neither water, nor red. What gives?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home